Zoot Educational Furniture is a trading name of Zoot Office Furniture Brokers Ltd, registered in England No.4637175
Other Zoot websites operate under similar privacy practices and we strive to provide a consistent set of privacy practices throughout.
Collection and Storage
We may collect and store the following personal information about you:
email address, physical address, telephone number and other contact information;
information about your educational establishment (such as name, local educational authority and number of students);
transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as information on your buying and selling activities, item descriptions and other content you generate or information that relates to your account);
postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or post an item - please note we do NOT store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties;
correspondence sent through the Site and correspondence sent to us;
sign-on data, statistics on page views, information and statistics on traffic to and from the Site (including the URL you just came from and the URL you go to next, whether they are URLs on the Site or not), advertising data, IP address, browser information and standard web log information; and
supplemental information from third parties (for example: if you incur a debt to us, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit reference agency, as permitted by law.)
Marketing by Third Parties
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, we may aggregate your personal information with information on other users and information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) and disclose such aggregated, non personal information to advertisers and other third parties.
Use by Zoot
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees and payments, and troubleshoot problems;
- customise, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout;
- tell you about our existing products and services, changes to our existing products and services, new products and services and promotional offers; and
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, please send an email to email@example.com with your request to opt out.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other Zoot users. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction;
- service providers under contract who provide elements of our services, provide separate services that are complimentary to your use of the Site or otherwise help with our business operations (such as delivery of products, fraud investigations, bill collection and marketing activities);
- government departments (for example Department for Education and Skills, and The Department of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs);
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Zoot user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your name, city, county, telephone number, email address, order and sales history or anything else that we deem relevant; and
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other Zoot users or third parties without a court order (or in circumstances where we are under a substantially similar legal obligation), except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of such information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, property damage or financial loss or to report or put a stop to suspected illegal activity.
Zoot Office Furniture Brokers Ltd is the sole data controller with regard to the processing of all information.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your computer’s hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help analyse our web page flow, customise our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site; and
- you may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control, for example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a "cookie" placed by that web page.
Your Zoot password is the key to your Zoot account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account, including actions that result in fees being charged to your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site and going to the "Preferences" section of the Site. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from public view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions as permitted by law.
We use standard industry practices, including encryption, passwords and physical security, to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
The Site may contain links to other sites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites.
Search by Keyword